Friday, January 26, 2018

A letter from our "Senior Marines Detachment"


Fred
How is the weather down there.
Bill Cochran is moving to Florida to live with his son William.
Hope all is well with you.

Bob

And the Reply is:

Well Bob living here is not like living in Brookings. We have had some rain but
it is piddle ass compared to Brookings. To tell the truth I was really getting tired 
of the rain in Oregon. So far I have done more in two weeks then I did in 2 months
in Brookings. The kids have insisted I go with them to every party and get together
with their friends. The majority of the people in Discovery Bay are in their 4os or 5os
and majority are Republicans. Most of them work and love to drink and party. On
the whole they are a lot of fun and work hard and party hard. I have been out on a
Pontoon Boat with their friends and we had a blast. I am drinking more on the weekends
then I would do in 3 months in Brookings. The women on the whole are not bad to look at.
I haven't found a women in my age bracket but did attend the Yacht Club here in Discovery Bay and danced with a 96 year old but she was ugly. But on the other hand I danced with a 27 year old teacher who is a daughter of one of Jane's friends but she has a boyfriend & to
young for me.The move has been very good for me and Jane & Don treat me with great
respect & I try not to interfere with their lives. So I guess what I am tying to say the move
has been very good. The only hitch is getting settled in with a Bank, VA. a new DR.Drivers
license, car Registration, finding a Dentist. But the kids have helped me out a lot.I haven't been to a League meeting but will go soon as I get all of my duties done.
hope this finds you well and having a good year.
SEMPER FI
FRED